The employer is a privately held GLP-compliant contract research organization that is committed to providing high-quality histological services to the international scientific research community. Founded in 1994, their team of highly qualified and experienced experts has extensive knowledge in routine histology, special stains, immunohistochemistry, protocol development, and imaging techniques. As a GLP-compliant laboratory, all projects undergo the strictest of quality assurance measures. The employer is the only Canadian company in Western region providing services for histology and pathology processing and diagnosis. Their client base, largely from the United States, includes pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, universities, hospitals, and government organizations involved in activities ranging from pre-clinical studies, discovery to large animal testing.
The employer is currently seeking an experienced histological technician to join their Vancouver-based lab team. The successful candidate should have at least 2 years of hands-on experience in preparing histology samples from start to finish; candidates with pathological hospital lab experience will be strongly considered. No Canadian experience required. This opportunity is ideal for new immigrants to Canada who eventually want to work in the Canadian healthcare sector; the skill set of the ideal candidate can be entirely transferrable between different countries.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Paraffin and frozen sectioning
- Assisting in basic histological methods such as tissue grossing, processing, and special stains
- Assisting with Immunohistochemistry procedure
- Other research and general lab duties will be performed as required
- Emphasis will be placed on the maintenance of neat, accurate and precise documentation of all work performed
- Minimum of a BSc in biological sciences and 2-3 years of direct histology experience
- Two years direct histology experience
- Previous experience in paraffin and frozen sectioning is required
- Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Computer and excellent record-keeping skills are required
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines
- Candidate must be competent and self-motivated and able to integrate into a fast growing and dynamic company with the ability to work independently or collaboratively in a team environment
This opportunity is exclusively for Pre-Arrival immigrants to Canada who are registered with In-TAC Pre-Arrival Services. If you are interested in this position (or similar roles) and moving to Canada soon, In-TAC Pre-Arrival Services Counsellors can assist and connect you directly with employers.