This role requires someone who has demonstrated an ability to bridge the gap between the theoretical and the practical. The ideal candidate has deployed or attempted to execute Artificial Intelligence theories from various Machine Learning (ML) models and algorithms, and also has some experience in data engineering. MobSquad is looking for proven researchers with a track record of publishing in impactful journals and conferences, or those with years of hands-on industry experience.
This role offers the opportunity to apply your knowledge of statistics and your analytical skills to mine data at scale and develop large-scale ML models to reveal the value in data. You will support feature prototyping and utilize best practices to write production-grade code. You will build data pipelines, implement ML-based analytical algorithms, and work closely with the software development team to set up back-end systems and interfaces that will deliver next-generation analytics.
Qualifications and Skills
- An advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D) in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or a comparable analytical field from an accredited institution
- Expert in data mining, machine learning, deep learning, statistical modeling and data visualization techniques using data-oriented tools and languages such as Python, R, and MATLAB
- 3+ years experience or demonstrated fluency in relevant programming languages (Python, R, Scala, Java, C/C++/C# a plus)
- 3+ years experience writing SQL as well as NoSql queries and databases
- Experience setting up and using large-scale distributed data-processing frameworks such as Apache Spark and Hadoop Map-Reduce
- Experience working with enterprise-grade cloud computing platforms such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS
- Demonstrated ability to develop high-quality code adhering to industry best practices (i.e., code review, unit tests, revision control)
- Familiarity with designing experiments and collecting data for the purpose of deriving data analytics insights and solutions
- Work/project history reflective of a self-motivated professional who excels when given open-ended problems and broadly-defined goals, having an innate desire to discover the patterns and relationships in data that can be leveraged to provide business value
Who You Are
- You understand that writing code is as much about functionality as it is about communication, and that shines through in the clarity of your code and how you describe it to your teammates
- You are a self-starter who can work autonomously and drive your success within a team
- You are comfortable when things go according to plan, and you are energized when chaos strikes and the team's well-laid plans need to be overhauled
- You know that start-up life involves continual adaptation and change, and that excites you!
What You'll Get
- A full-time position that offers competitive compensation
- A benefits program delivered through our bespoke digital platform, giving you control, choice, and flexibility. We give you the ability to build your package of benefits covering health (think medical, dental, vision), wellness (think gym, workout gear, ski pass, massage, transit) and RRSP (think retirement)
- A downtown office location with first-rate amenities, surrounded by great restaurants and easily-accessible transit
- For international candidates: Sponsorship for an immediate work permit through Canada's Global Talent Stream and in many cases, expedited permanent residency and a path to citizenship
What You'll Experience
- Exposure and engagement with world-class start-ups where you will be helping to build the next big thing many times over
- A team-based environment where our culture and community are deeply rooted in our core values
- A diverse and inclusive workplace; we know conscious and subconscious discrimination exists and we work hard to uncover and remove biases and barriers, so everyone realizes their actual - not perceived - potential
- Opportunity. And lots of it.