This employer is one of the Big Five banks in Canada; the fourth-largest bank in Canada by market capitalization and asset base, and among the 10 largest banks in North America (In Canada, they have more than 900 branches, serving over 7 million customers).
The bank’s vision is to be the bank that defines great customer experience. After all, money is personal, and a bank should be too: they’re people first and bankers second. They put the customer at the centre of everything they do – helping people is in their DNA. They help their customers and their communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them their very best every day. And they care about their employees, their customers and the people in their communities.
Their values: -- Who We Are: Our four values define who we are. They guide us past the easy thing to the right thing;
- Integrity: Do what’s right.
- Diversity: Learn from Difference.
- Empathy: Put others first.
- Responsibility: Make tomorrow better.
Whether you’re starting out in your career or looking for a change, this employer offers a range of possibilities for you to develop your potential to the fullest. You will get to know their business quickly. Your ideas will be heard and your potential will always be recognized. Join them and you will be part of a true team, collaborating with people who will help you build an exciting, solid career in retail banking.
Your consultative and personal approach to helping customers achieve their financial goals is at the heart of the bank’s success. As a Financial Services Manager in Training, you will help meet the challenges of an increasingly complex business environment, by matching products and services to customer needs and keeping things simple for customers.
As a Financial Services Manager in Training, you will
- Be a key member of a collaborative and versatile branch team
- Proactively engage with customers to identify their needs using the bank’s tools and your understanding of the customer
- Advise customers, offering financial solutions and products to meet their everyday banking, investment and lending needs
- Help customers find new and alternate ways to bank with the bank by offering convenience and valuing their time
- Take the initiative and find creative approaches to enhancing the customer experience
- Collaborate with various the bank’s partners and identify referral opportunities to further grow the customer relationship
- Keep up-to-date with the wider marketplace and regulatory environment, including operations, legal and ethical requirements.
It starts with listening.
At the bank, the customer is always front and centre. You will help customers navigate a financial world that becomes more complex by the day. That means more is asked of the Financial Services Managers in Training than ever before. You will need to get to know the business quickly and be fast on your feet, contributing to a flexible team that’s focused on keeping the bank competitive and customer focused. But underlying it all is your ability to build rapport with customers and offer them personalized service. They’ll look to you to understand and anticipate their individual needs and shape services to meet them.
Your passionate commitment to customer service will be matched by:
- Experience in a consultative customer service or sales role, with a drive to deliver solutions
- Good knowledge of lending, investment and partner relationships – ideally supported by an IFIC qualification (or equivalent) lending qualification
- A focus on results and the ability to thrive in a sales environment
- Readiness to collaborate and work in different capacities as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and manage business relationships
- An aptitude for solving problems, and responding flexibly and creatively to new challenges
Mandarin language skills are strongly preferred for this position.
The employer is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, and learning from each other’s differences, they gain strength through their people and their perspectives.
As a member of the bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. The employer will strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and customers. They’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, they’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skill set.
This opportunity is exclusively for Pre-Arrival immigrants to Canada who are registered with In-TAC Pre-Arrival Services. If you are interested in this position (or similar roles) and moving to Canada soon, In-TAC Pre-Arrival Services Counsellors can assist and connect you directly with employers.