Come join us!
One of In-TAC’s Employer Partner is growing rapidly. They are looking for a full-time, permanent Program Manager to join their fast-paced Customer Experience Team.
Based in Ottawa, Ontario, the Program Manager will report to the Manager, Program Management and will have a wide range of duties all of which are in the spirit of ensuring program success through the successful management of compliance programs as part of the Customer Experience department. The Program Manager will play an integral role in anticipating, understanding, and responding to the cross-functional needs of internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate is eager to learn with high motivation, is highly organized with impeccable attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills.
· Create program guides at the onset of each compliance program under management;
· Define compliance programs from start to finish;
· Assemble reports for clients and senior staff with progress updates and data integrity reviews;
· Plan and execute campaigns to collect compliance data from supply chain third party clients;
· Keep informed and up-to-date with regulatory updates in order to best support our clients;
· Serve as a friendly and professional frontline contact with our clients;
· Follow guidance set out by corporate security policies and standards;
· Ensure departmental security processes and procedures are followed where applicable.
This is a summary - Everyone here are asked to contribute in a wide variety of ways to ensure company goals and priorities are achieved.
Who You Are:
· Superb interpersonal skills - you are able to establish great cross-functional relationships in a collaborative environment with a diverse group of stakeholders - internally and externally;
· Excellent time management and organizational skills - ability to effectively prioritize and execute on several tasks for many different client accounts and internal stakeholders;
· You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge - you are motivated to learn and keep yourself up-to-date with regards to changing regulations;
· You are a critical thinker and can suggest, implement, and support efficient and effective operations;
· You anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others and are proactive about communicating.
What You Should Bring:
· A University, College and/or Post Graduate Certificate in Environmental Studies, International Business, Supply Chain, Product/Materials Compliance, a related area of study or equal working experience;
· At least 2 years of experience in a customer service role;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English - you communicate clearly, concisely and with tact;
· You are a Microsoft Excel wizard - you know how to harness the power of pivot tables and lookup functions;
· You are proficient in the use of MS Office Suite and Google Applications and other Office Productivity tools.
Nice To Have:
· Proficiency in German, Mandarin, French, Italian, Portuguese, and/or Japanese would be considered an asset;
· Possess intermediate to advanced regulatory knowledge in order to consult with clients in program direction.
What We Offer You:
We have built a passionate workforce; our strong and vibrant culture is integral to our success.
We offer programs and rewards that one would expect from a highly successful and growing technology company in Ottawa:
· A fantastic culture, team, energy and high growth success company
· Competitive salary and benefits
· An awesome workplace
· Free snacks, weekly catered lunches, social activities and the opportunity to provide a helping hand to the Ottawa community through our charitable work
We invite interested applicants to share their resume and cover letter.
All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the aforementioned duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. We are an equal opportunity employer.