If you’re a results-driven, enthusiastic and technology-savvy team player, you’ll thrive in our dynamic, flexible and collaborative environment.
We have an immediate opening for a client-focused Trust Accountant, to join our Ottawa-based team.
Term: 1 year
What You Will Do:
Under the supervision of the Trust Accounting, Team Lead, the Trust Accountant is responsible for completion of dealer, fund manager, discretionary manager, life company, and US investment adviser daily general ledger and bank account reconciliation for all R-Broker and R-Funds accounts and related journal entries. The individual in this position will provide analytical solutions to reconciliation challenges and have a high degree of autonomous behavior. The Trust Accountant will have enhanced knowledge about all the departmental money movements which include clients, brokers and corporate accounts; Also Apply ACL application to the reconciliation process and document reconciliation process to facilitate cross-training and integration of new team members. Responsible for researching and providing solutions to general ledger and bank accounts reconciliation challenge.
What You Need:
You hold college or university degree with accounting/finance major, or the equivalent, plus a minimum of two years of experience within a financial services and/or accounting. High level of technical expertise with various software packages – proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows including EXCEL, Word and MS Outlook.
Strong understanding of ACL application.
Enrollment in or completion of the CPA Program is a definite asset as well as Strength in reconciliation.
What You Bring:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to condense large amount of transactional information into a concise solution/report
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player with ability to work autonomously
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to solve most problems independently, however, may escalate larger issues to next level
- Ability of successfully completing tasks and assignments independently with no or limited guidance